Mirae Asset respects your privacy and is committed to ensuring that your personal information is used in accordance with current data protection legislation.
For ease of understanding, this policy is organised in the following sections:
- What information do we hold on you?
- How do we obtain your personal data?
- Why do we process your personal data?
- Who do we share your information with?
- How long do we keep your information?
- What are your rights in relation to your information?
- Contact point in relation to this policy
What information do we hold on you?
We collect your name, job title, company name, plus contact details such as physical address, email address and telephone number of your place of business. We may also collect copies of your passport or a specimen of your signature, if required for AML, KYC and/or sanctions screening purposes.
How do we obtain your personal data?
We process the personal data that you provide to us directly in the course of our face-to-face, telephone or electronic interactions with you, or that we obtain from publicly available sources such as company corporate websites, LinkedIn and sanction screening lists. If you have attended an investment industry conference that we have sponsored, the organisers may provide us with your personal data, if they have your consent to do so. We also receive personal data from our business counterparties, including third-party marketers and lead-generation companies.
Why do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data to pursue our and your legitimate business interests, for the following reasons:
- to provide you with factual information about our products and services, such as fund performance and portfolio holdings, in the form of factsheets and manager commentaries
- to give you our investment professionals' insight into the markets we cover and on topics that we consider to be of interest to you
- if you have invested in one of our funds, to give you information about these holdings
We are also required to process your personal data in order to comply with certain laws and regulations, such as when conducting know your customer (KYC) checks and anti-money laundering (AML) measures.
We do not rely on consent as the legal basis for processing your personal data under EU data protection laws or under laws which are equivalent to EU data protection laws.
Who do we share your information with?
We may disclose your personal data to our head office in Hong Kong and other affiliated companies within the Mirae Asset Financial Group. This includes separate legal entities operating in South Korea, India, Brazil and Australia. If we transfer your personal data to entities that are outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) we will use EEA-approved standard data transfer agreements or other appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data is protected.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes of our relationship with you or complying with a legal or regulatory obligation.
What are your rights in relation to your information?
You have the right under data protection law to ask us to:
- provide you with a copy of your personal data
- update or amend your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- erase your personal data
- restrict our processing of your personal data
- stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes
You may also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office or with the relevant data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
Contact point in relation to this policy
For any questions relating to our processing of your personal data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this policy